Wednesday, February 23, 2005

NYYRC NEWS and EVENTS 2/21/2005

Our speaker will be Stephen J. Milloy, the publisher of

JunkScience.com. As the name implies, JunkScience.com debunks the faulty scientific data and analysis used by special interest groups to advance, and often hide, their true agendas. Some of Mr. Milloy's favorite targets include the sensationalist media, personal injury lawyers, enviromental extremists, gun control advocates, the "food police", and goverment regulators, to name a few.

Mr. Milloy is an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute and the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and a columnist for FoxNews.com and the New York Sun. Milloy was also a member of the judging panel for the 2004 American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Journalism Awards: Online Category. In addition to writing hundreds of columns and articles published in newspapers and online, Mr. Milloy is the author of several books including his most recent, Junk Science Judo: Against Health Scares and Scams.

Mr. Milloy will share with us the good, the bad, and the ugly of the world of junk science, and how it has influenced public perception and national policy.

In order to speed the check-in process, please rsvp in advance to info@nycyr.org with "RSVP STEPHEN MILLOY" in the subject. Please include your FULL name and contact information.

Time: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Place: Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmens Club
283 Lexington Ave (bet 36th & 37th St), 2nd Floor
Admission: Members - FREE, Non Members - $5, F/T Students - $2.

Please join us for drinks after every meeting in the backroom at Saga, on Lex and 39th.

Schedule of Upcoming Speakers:
April 14, 2005 - TBA

From the NY Sun, February 7, 2005:

"JELLY BEANS AND ANCHORMEN The New York Young Republican Club hosted a birthday celebration and awards ceremony in honor of President Reagan at Scopa on Madison Avenue last week. The late president's birthday was on Sunday. The president of the Center for Security Policy, Frank Gaffney, received the Peace Through Strength Award; the founder of the Guardian Angels, Curtis Sliwa,received the Shining City on a Hill Award, and MSNBC television host Joe Scarborough received the Great Communicator award..."

To read the rest of the story,

click here!

FROM THE CONGRESS OF RACIAL EQUALITY (CORE)
This Week on "The CORE Hour"
Tuesdays
3-4PM EST -

RightTalk.com
Call-in Line: 1-866-884-TALK

Politics 101...

On Thursday, February 24th, Brainwashing 101 will be shown at Fordham Law School on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The screening will be held at 6:00PM in the McNally Amphitheater at 140 West 62nd Street (between Columbus & Amsterdam).

A question-and-answer session with director Evan Coyne Maloney will follow the screening. All are welcome and admission is free.





29 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about new clinique health beauty
. It pretty much covers new clinique health beauty
related stuff.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about cat dental health
. It pretty much covers cat dental health
related stuff.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings!

I am researching book club conservative
in order to spread the word about a great new
book.

I'm quite sure that many of the readers
of this blog are interested to read about

book club conservative

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone looking for some more small business hosting solution info?

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep that in mind eye exercise

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I trained in judo and karate for many years. I was looking for blogs having to do with judo and came across yours. Nice blog. I have my own have my own mixed style school now that offers most of the traditional judo techniques. Come have a look at it if you want.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find great deals on eBay with the misspelledauctions.com search engine

Misspelledauctions.com


Awesome

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, please list it on my favourite Blog Directory.

It has lots of links to blog katrina blogs

William MacDonald

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a exit traffic exchange site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

4:57 AM  
Blogger plasticdoc said...

Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that will drive you some extra traffic?

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Announcer instantly and automatically submits your RSS feeds

8:18 AM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a increase line site traffic web site/blog. It pretty much covers increase line site traffic web related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine the power of tens of thousands of other web sites being able to easily

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your site heard in our directory adult image gallery
Make us your homepage and read the daily updated articles.

3:55 PM  
Blogger rokkgod said...

I love this blog you got here. I run a movie review website and need people to do movie reviews.Movie Reviews. Thanks...sorry to be self promoting..at least you get some fresh text content.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a traffic exchange software site/blog. It pretty much covers traffic exchange software related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Health News said...

Hi,
I found reading your blog interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site but it is not really the information I was after about Medical Information . Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on Medical Information that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Dental Health said...

Hey, cool blog you got here. I'm a nut case surfer, but l know what I like.
Have a good one!
Always looking for Dental Plan!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You blog sure gets quite a few comments. I'm going to read thru your posts and see why you are generating so much interest. Bye. Ms. dental crowns

9:16 AM  
Blogger blogme said...

What are you looking for today?

3:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

This is a quite astonishing blog. I found it when looking for generator site traffic web.
Regards, Website Traffic Info

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.mesothelioma-treatment.co.uk
personal injury attorneys

10:21 AM  
Blogger HealthReviews said...

Hi, my name is Kenny Williams and I have suffered from severe acne. In fact, I also had problems with hair loss and weight loss and I lost all self confidence at some point and all my friends too. Now, a few months later, after discovering the Health Reviews website, I feel much much better. After reading their success stories and recommendations, their Top Health Reviews really helped me. Do you realize how good can this be? NO more problems. Finally I can got back my smile. That is the reason I am so happy now!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home